Mundo Twenty One / Edition 1by Fabian A. A. Samaniego, Nelson Rojas, Francisco X Alarcón
Pub. Date: 09/01/1994
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company College Division
Except for the grammar explanations, the text is written entirely in Spanish, exposing students on a consistent basis to natural language. Offering a grammar manual written entirely in Spanish,/p>/i>
Using a content-based, student-centered approach, Mundo 21 emphasizes communication, pair and group work, learning in context, and critical-thinking skills.
Except for the grammar explanations, the text is written entirely in Spanish, exposing students on a consistent basis to natural language. Offering a grammar manual written entirely in Spanish, Mundo 21, Edición alternativa, is suitable for heritage learner courses as well as for courses conducted in Spanish.
- Intended to broaden students' cultural competency, Mundo 21, 2/e, is organized around eight geographically oriented units covering the world's 21 Spanish-speaking countries and diverse Hispanic populations. In addition, each lesson (three per unit) contains a cultural vignette followed by a short exercise.
- Vivid photographs of people, places, and art work illustrate each lesson to enrich students' experience with Hispanic culture. Images accompanying each Lectura provide important clues and context to heighten comprehension.
- The Gente del Mundo 21 section at the beginning of the lessons profiles three noteworthy personalities in the arts, literature, sports, and the entertainment industry of the country featured.
- Each Del pasado al presente reading provides a brief historical and cultural overview of the country under study, accompanied by an ¡A ver si comprendiste! activity.
- Each unit contains a literary reading in Y ahora, ¡a leer!, accompanied by an extensive pre-reading apparatus, Anticipando la lectura; post-reading support, ¿Comprendiste la lectura? which checks comprehension and encourages analysisand discussion; a new feature, Introducción al análisis literario; and an additional creative writing activity.
- Cultura en vivo sections provide a cultural context for the thematic, interactive vocabulary sections, Mejoremos la comunicación. ¡A conversar! sections reinforce the new vocabulary through pair and group activities. Palabras claves sections focus on a key word from the Cultura en vivo reading and prompt student interaction with the vocabulary.
- Escribamos ahora sections, appearing at the end of Lesson 2 in each unit, provide an innovative process approach to developing writing skills and organizational techniques that helps students produce a well-developed composition.
- An end-of-text Manual de gramatica, cross-referenced to the text and designed for independent study, offers review and practice of the grammatical structures in meaningful contexts.
- Supported by ¡Luz! ¡Cámara! ¡Acción! sections in the text, the 60-minute Mundo 21 Video offers authentic footage, documentaries, travelogues, music, and other cultural features from various regions of the Hispanic world.
- Exploremos el ciberespacio sections at the end of each lesson direct students to the Mundo 21 Web Site, which features web-search activities, auto-correcting self-tests, and a resources section for additional research.
- Houghton Mifflin Company College Division
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >