Murach's ASP.NET Web Programming with VB.NET / Edition 1by Doug Lowe, Anne Prince
Pub. Date: 11/28/2003
Publisher: Murach, Mike & Associates, Inc.
- Unlike many of the competing ASP.NET books, this one shows you how to get the most from Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET as you develop your applications. We’ve found
As the publisher, I’d like you to know the reasons why I think you’ll learn how to develop web applications with Microsoft ASP.NET faster and better from this book than any other on the subject:
- Unlike many of the competing ASP.NET books, this one shows you how to get the most from Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET as you develop your applications. We’ve found that this Integrated Development Environment is one of the keys to development productivity, but many books ignore or neglect it.
- To show you how all of the pieces of a web application interact, this book presents 23 complete applications ranging from the simple to the complex. This includes the forms, the code, and whatever else is needed to give you the complete picture of how the applications work. As we see it, the only way to master web programming is to study applications like these. And yet, you won’t find them in most other books.
- All of the applications in this book use the code-behind programming technique to separate the application’s logic from its presentation details. Although this is one of the most important ASP.NET programming techniques, most ASP.NET books treat it as an afterthought.
- If you page through this book, you’ll see that all of the information is presented in "paired pages," with the essential syntax, guidelines, and examples on the right page and the perspective and extra explanation on the left page. This helps you learn faster by reading less...and this is the best reference format for refreshing your memory about how to do something.
- Murach, Mike & Associates, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.94(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.59(d)
Table of ContentsIntroduction xv
SECTION 1: THE ESSENCE OF ASP.NET WEB PROGRAMMING
Chapter 1 An introduction to ASP.NET web programming
Chapter 2 How to develop a one-page web application
Chapter 3 How to develop a multi-page web application
Chapter 4 How to use datasets and cookies
Chapter 5 How to test and debug an ASP.NET application
SECTION 2: MORE ASP.NET ESSENTIALS
Chapter 6 HTML essentials for web programming
Chapter 7 How to work with server controls
Chapter 8 How to use validation controls
Chapter 9 How to manage state
Chapter 10 How to develop user controls
SECTION 3: ASP.NET DATABASE PROGRAMMING SKILLS
Chapter 11 An introduction to relational databases and ADO.NET
Chapter 12 How to work with ADO.NET data commands
Chapter 13 How to use datasets with bound and unbound controls
Chapter 14 How to use the Repeater, DataList, and DataGrid controls
SECTION 4: OTHER ASP.NET SKILLS
Chapter 15 How to secure a web application
Chapter 16 How to create and use web services
Chapter 17 How to develop custom server controls
Chapter 18 How to use Crystal Reports in a web application
Chapter 19 How to use email, custom error pages, and back-button control
Chapter 20 How to deploy ASP.NET web applications
APPENDIX A How to install and use the software and downloadable files for this book
APPENDIX B Coding and syntax conventions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >