Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine: Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print / Edition 5by Robert J. Mason, Thomas Martin, Talmadge King Jr., Dean MD Schraufnagel
Pub. Date: 05/01/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The definitive and comprehensive resource on pulmonary disease is now in full color with new images and highlighted Key Points. The fully searchable text is online at expertconsult.com for speedy and complete answers to the questions you face. This new edition has been completely updated and remains essential for managing patients with pulmonary… See more details below
The definitive and comprehensive resource on pulmonary disease is now in full color with new images and highlighted Key Points. The fully searchable text is online at expertconsult.com for speedy and complete answers to the questions you face. This new edition has been completely updated and remains essential for managing patients with pulmonary disease.
- Master the scientific principles of respiratory medicine and understand clinical applications.
- Work through differential diagnosis using detailed explanations of each disease entity.
- Learn new subjects in Pulmonary Medicine including Genetics, Ultrasound, and other key topics.
- Grasp the Key Points outlined in each chapter.
- Search the full text online at expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images, regular updates, more than 50 videos, case studies, and self-assessment questions.
- Consult new chapters covering Ultrasound, Innate Immunity, Adaptive Immunity, Deposition and Clearance, Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia.
- Find critical information easily using the new full-color design that enhances teaching points and highlights challenging concepts.
- Apply the expertise and fresh ideas of three new editors-Drs. Thomas R. Martin, Talmadge E. King, Jr., and Dean E. Schraufnagel.
- Review the latest developments in genetics with advice on how the data will affect patient care.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.40(w) x 11.40(h) x 5.60(d)
Table of ContentsPART I SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES OF RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
Section A Anatomy and Development of the Respiratory Tract
1. Anatomy of the Lungs
2. Lung Growth and Development
3. Genetic Approach to Lung Disease
Section B Respiratory Physiology
4. Ventilation, Blood Flow, and Gas Exchange
5. Respiratory System Mechanics and Energetics
6. Pulmonary Circulation and Regulation of Fluid Balance
7. Acid-Base Balance
Section C Respiratory Pharmacology
8. Respiratory Pharmacology: General Pharmacologic Principles
9. Airway Pharmacology
10. Pulmonary Vascular Pharmacology
Section D Defense Mechanisms
11. Pulmonary Surfactant
12*. Alveolar and Distal Airway Epithelial Fluid Transport
13*. Mucus Production, Secretion, and Clearance
14. Monocytes, Macrophages, and Dendritic Cells of the Lung
15. Immune recognition and Responses
Section E Respiratory Pathology and Inflammation
16. General features of Respiratory Pathology
17. Inflammation, Injury, and Repair
PART II DIAGNOSIS AND EVALUATION OF RESPIRATORY DISEASE
Section F Diagnosis
18. History and Physical Examination
19. Microbiologic Diagnosis of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection
20. Radiographic Techniques
21. Nuclear Medicine Techniques
23*. Pleuroscopy, Thoracoscopy, and Other Invasive Procedures
Section G Evaluation
24. Pulmonary Function Testing
25*. Clinical Exercise Testing
26. Preoperative Evaluation
27. Evaluation of Respiratory Impairment/Disability
PART III CLINICAL RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
Section H Symptoms of Respiratory Disease and their Management
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >