Muscle Energy Techniques with DVD-ROM / Edition 3by Leon Chaitow, Leom Chaitow
Pub. Date: 10/16/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This comprehensive text describes the basis and practice of Muscle Energy Techniques (MET), a widely recognized approach to treating musculoskeletal dysfunction. It describes those manipulative techniques in which a patient, on request, actively uses his or her muscles from a controlled position in a specific direction against a distinct counterforce applied by the
This comprehensive text describes the basis and practice of Muscle Energy Techniques (MET), a widely recognized approach to treating musculoskeletal dysfunction. It describes those manipulative techniques in which a patient, on request, actively uses his or her muscles from a controlled position in a specific direction against a distinct counterforce applied by the practitioner. These techniques are combined from methods used in physical therapy, osteopathy, chiropractic and manual medicine. A companion DVD-ROM includes video clips demonstrating the application of techniques.
• Details the background to soft tissue dysfunction and explains the chain reactions which occur as part of such dysfunctions.
• Provides precise assessment and diagnosis guidelines.
• Gives many variations on the safe use of MET in acute, chronic, and rehabilitation settings.
• Explains the use of MET for whole muscle problems, local dysfunction, and joint restrictions.
• Suggests patient self-application methods.
• Includes a companion DVD-ROM with video clips of the author demonstrating the techniques.
• Additional techniques are added to both text and DVD-ROM videos.
• Information is expanded on some of the techniques included in previous edition.
• Content is updated throughout, with reference to the latest published research.
• Four new chapters cover efficacy and research, MET in a massage therapy setting, MET in treatment of athletic injuries, and MET in physical medicine settings.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book and DVD-ROM
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
1. An introduction to muscle energy techniques
2. Patterns of function and dysfunction
3. How to use MET
4. NEW! Muscle energy technique: efficacy and research
5. Sequential assessment and MET treatment of main postural muscles
6. MET and the treatment of joints
7. Integrated neuromuscular inhibition technique (INIT)
8. Manual resistance techniques in rehabilitation
9. NEW! Muscle Energy Technique in the physical medicine settings
10. NEW! MET in a massage therapy setting
11. NEW! MET in treatment of athletic injuries
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >