- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Assuming minimal background in music ...
Ships from: Punta Gorda, FL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Assuming minimal background in music or psychology, the book begins with an overview of the major theories on how and when music became a widespread aspect of human behavior. It also covers:
• How humans perceive music
• Links between music and emotion
• Modern neuroimaging techniques and what they tell us about music's effect on the brain
• Psychological processes involved in imagining, composing, and performing music
• Potential cognitive benefits of musical engagement
Music, Thought, and Feeling references numerous "Sound Examples" and is supplemented by a companion website (www.oup.com/us/Thompson) containing an extensive collection of music sample audio files, most created specifically for this book. In addition, the website provides a link to iTunes, where readers can access an iMix created to accompany the book.