Alexander Alekhine, World Chess Champion from 1927-35 and 1937-46, is considered one of greatest tactical geniuses of all time. This game collection, written by the man himself, is also considered one of the best games collections ever published.
My Best Games of Chess: 1908-1937by Alexander Alekhine, Igor Zaitsev (Foreword by)
The original English edition, published 75 years ago, used English descriptive notation, contained only one photograph, no crosstables and was in two volumes. This new 21st-century edition,
In chess literature, there have only been a few chess books that have immediately – and permanently – established themselves as classics, and this is one of them.
The original English edition, published 75 years ago, used English descriptive notation, contained only one photograph, no crosstables and was in two volumes. This new 21st-century edition, presented with modern algebraic notation, has
• combined both books into a single volume
• added more than three dozen archival photographs
• Alekhine’s complete match and tournament records
• a Foreword by Russian grandmaster Igor Zaitsev
• with many more diagrams
• a comprehensive computer-assisted analytical supplement is also available for free download
Whether you feel as if you are revisiting an old friend, or being introduced to this splendid game collection for the first time, you will marvel at how Alekhine’s games and works remain extraordinarily consonant with the modern approach.
- Russell Enterprises, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.30(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews