- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Here is a unique guide to myofascial manipulation—a combination of research and a proven system of evaluative and therapeutic techniques. Based on the extensive experience of the authors, this resource is filled with techniques you can use everyday—integrating them with joint mobilization, alternate somatic therapies, and exercise for an effective treatment program.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Contents: Historical Development and Current Theories of Myofascial Manipulation
• Historical Basis for Myofascial Manipulation
• Modern Theories and Systems of Myofascial Manipulation
• Scientific Basis for Myofascial Manipulation
• Histology and Biomechanics of Myofascia
• Histopathology of Myofascia and Physiology of Myofascial Manipulation
• Myofascial Pain Syndromes
• Evaluation and Treatment of the Myofascial System
• Evaluation Techniques
• Atlas of Therapeutic Techniques
Posted August 15, 2000
This text provides a thorough background of the scientific basis for myofascial manipulation. After laying the scientific evidence, the text provides techniques that every beginner should master and every expert should review and utilize. It serves as a perfect home study/review after attending the authors continuing education course on the same topic. I would recommend it to every therapist interested in pursuing more knowledge on manual therapy.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.