Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia: Trigger Point Management / Edition 2by Edward S. Rachlin, Isabel Rachlin
Pub. Date: 02/20/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This concise, but thorough text covers both the theory and current practice of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain management. It provides practical, step-by-step descriptions of both traditional and state-of-the-art approaches to trigger point injections and nerve blocks, accompanied by clear diagrams that illustrate pain patterns, muscle anatomy, patient positioning… See more details below
This concise, but thorough text covers both the theory and current practice of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain management. It provides practical, step-by-step descriptions of both traditional and state-of-the-art approaches to trigger point injections and nerve blocks, accompanied by clear diagrams that illustrate pain patterns, muscle anatomy, patient positioning, and more. An interdisciplinary approach draws on the knowledge and expertise of authorities in the fields of rheumatology, physiatry, orthopedic surgery, psychology, endocrinology, physical therapy, dentistry, ergonomic engineering, and anesthesiology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.48(w) x 10.44(h) x 1.15(d)
Table of Contents
Part I - General Considerations
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome - Clinical Features, Diagnosis, and Biopathophysiologic Mechanisms Muhammad B. Yunnus, M.D. and Fatma Inanici, M.D.
- Management of Fibromyalgia Syndrome Fatma Inanici, M.D. and Muhammad B. Yunnus, M.D.
- Unusual Aspects of Musculoskeletal Pain in the Pediatric Population Joan Gold, ..D.
- Metabolic and Endocrine Causes of Muscle Syndromes Louis F. Amorosa, M.D.
- Psychological Considerations in Myofascial Pain, Fibromyalgia, and Related Musculoskeletal Pain
Roy C. Gresiak, PhD.
- Disability Evaluation and Management of Myofascial Pain Matthew Monsein. M.D.
- Functional Diagnosis of Musculoskeletal Pain and Evaluation of Treatment Results by Quantitative and Objective Techniques
Andrew Fischer, M.D.
- Diagnosis and Management of Facial Pain Harold V. Cohen,D.D.S., Richard A. Pertes, D.D.S.
Part II - Trigger Point Management
- Trigger Points Edward S. Rachlin
- History and Physical Examination for Myofascial Pain Syndromes Edward S. Rachlin
- Trigger Point Management Edward S. Rachlin, Isabel S. Rachlin
- Injection of Specific Trigger Points Edward S. Rachlin
- New Injection Techniques for the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Pain Andrew Fischer
- Nerve Block Therapy for Myofascial Pain Management Winston C. V. Parris
Part III - Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Muscle Deficiency Hans Kraus
- Physical Therapy Treatment Approaches for Myofascial Pain Syndromes and Fibromyalgia Isabel S. Rachlin
- Manual Therapy and Treatment of Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction Brian Miller
- The Practical Application of Trigger Point Work in Physical Therapy Beth N. Paris
- Electrical Modalities in the Treatment of Myofascial Conditions Joseph Kahn
- The Role of Ergonomics in the Prevention and Treatment of Myofascial Pain Elseyed Abdel-Moty, Tarek H-Khalil, Renee Steele-Rosomoff, Hubert L. Rosomoff, Shilhan S. Asfair
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >