MySpace Safety: 51 Tips For Teens And Parentsby Kevin M. Farnham, Dale G. Farnham
Each element of personal information requested by MySpace is analyzed to determine how the data is used. The safety tips describe
"MySpace Safety: 51 Tips for Teens and Parents" provides teens and parents with a common sense approach for using MySpace.com. The authors provide specific methods to minimize the risk that comes with having a MySpace.com account.
Each element of personal information requested by MySpace is analyzed to determine how the data is used. The safety tips describe where information entered into MySpace is displayed, and show how the information might be used by a person with malicious intentions. The book then provides recommendations on the actions a MySpace user should take with respect to the requested information, to minimize risk.
The book can also be applied as a user's manual for MySpace.com, since to define areas of risk and appropriate responses for safety the authors investigated and documented all facets and features of the MySpace.com site.
The 51 safety tips describe how to:
- prepare for opening a MySpace.com account
- enter the information required to join MySpace.com
- configure "profile" information tabs
- make and respond to MySpace friend requests
- manage contacts from the MySpace "extended network"
- eliminate unwanted contact from strangers
- avoid profile invasion, spyware, and phishing scams
- report inappropriate content and other problems to MySpace.com
- close a MySpace.com account
The book also includes programming script code that disables some MySpace options that allow strangers to track the actions of teens without the teens having any awareness that this is happening.
While the book specifically addresses MySpace.com, its lessons can be applied to any social networking site, to a person's blog, or to other places where a teen may establish an online presence.
- Lyra Technical Systems
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.42(d)
- Age Range:
- 14 Years
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >