One cape! One lighthouse! One stormy seal! And lots of mystery! Christina, imi tells Christina and Grant a mystery story about North Carolina's Lost Colony, complete with two boisterous boys, kidnapped coins, a foggy graveyard, a missing friend and a moonlight trip on an old sailing ship!
LOOK what's inside this mystery - people, places, history and more!
PLACES - North Carolina: Manteo's waterfront area
• The Graveyard, Manteo
• Kill Devil Hills
• Sharktooth Sea
• Roanoke Sound
• Shallowbag Bay on Ice Plant Island
• Wingina, Chief of the Indians
• Ocracoke Island Wild Ponies and Island Inn
• Elizabeth II; Dimensions, Materials used, design.
PEOPLE: Sir Walter Raleigh
• John White
• Eleanor Dare
• Virginia Dare
• Queen Elizabeth Blackbeard the Pirate
• Mighty Midgetts of Chicamacomico
• The Werowance.
HISTORY: Legend of the Banks Pony
• Elizabeth II
• Difficulties in survival in the New World: Food and Habitat.
This mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, a scavenger hunt and activities. This Carole Marsh Mystery also has an Accelerated Reader quiz, a Lexile Level, a Fountas & Pinnell guided reading level and a Developmental Reading Assessment level.