Christina, Grant, Mimi and Papa fly the Mystery Girl, and take the mystery boat to all the Great Lakes on a wild and watery adventurous mystery of shipwrecks, haunted lighthouses, and island intrigue!
LOOK what's in this mystery - people, places, history, and more! Facts about the Great Lakes: Geography and Topography; Size; Nicknames; Marine life and ecology; Fresh water; Percentage of the fresh surface water in the world
• Types of ships that use the Great Lakes: Freighters; Cutters and Ice Breaker Ships; Schooners; Pleasure boats
• Shipwrecks: The Francisco Morazan, South Manitou Island, Lake Michigan; The Lucerne, Lake Superior; Edmund Fitzgerald, Lake Superior; Environmental impact
• Shipping on the Great Lakes: Shipping routes; Types of Cargo; Economic benefits
• Weather on the Great Lakes: Thunder and Lightning Storms; Whiteouts; Nor'easter; Rouge Waves
• Sand dunes
• Bessie, the legend of the Lake monster
• Distress signals and radio communications
• Maritime law. Niagara Falls, NY
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH
• MI: Great Sleeping Bear Dunes, North Manitou Island; Manitou Islands; Round Island Lighthouse; Mackinac Island - History, culture, foods, and folklore; Mackinac Straights Island House Hotel; Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum; Maritime Cathedral
• Little Sand Bay and the Apostle Islands - Visitor center; Sand Island - Ferryboat ride; Lighthouse
• Devils Island - Lighthouse; Caves.
This mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, Built-In Book Club and activities. This Carole Marsh Mystery also has an Accelerated Reader quiz, a Lexile Level, a Fountas & Pinnell guided reading level and a Developmental Reading Assessment level.