Myths of Greece and Rome (Illustrated)by H. A. Guerber
• A classic of mythology, long prized for its accurate retelling of the principal myths of Greece and Rome, and for its commentary on their origins and significance. The collection begins with myths
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
• The book is an edited and illustrated version of the original one and includes 60 or more unique illustrations which are relevant to its content.
• A classic of mythology, long prized for its accurate retelling of the principal myths of Greece and Rome, and for its commentary on their origins and significance. The collection begins with myths involving the gods — Jupiter, Apollo, Venus, Mars, others — and ends with the
adventures of Ulysses and Aeneas.
- Five Star Publishing, LLC
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 5 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
My Father gave me a very early edition of this book when I was 9 years of age. I am 35 now and all the pages are falling out because I have read it so much. The famous artworks that accompany this book are spectacular and have inspired me to by most of the prints which are now lining the walls of my home. The stories are detailed and exciting with out being long and drawn out. The index is also detailed making it very easy to find the god you are looking for...I even referred to it to name my child. What an inspirational book to pass on to your children and their children...enjoy it!
My father-in-law let me borrow this book and I eventually inherited it. Loved the stores and bought on my nook so I can share it with my children who have developed a love for greek & roman mythology.