"Nail Your Law Job Interview is well written and wonderfully comprehensive. It provides specific examples, directions, and instructions in every aspect of finding a law job. Although it's written for the new grad, experienced lawyers will benefit from it too."
-Judi Perkins, the Renegade Job Coach
"Nail Your Law Job Interview comprehensively explains the nuances of interviewing in the law sector. Mini-case studies and the authors' own experiences enhance their advice...and provide excellent and little-known information. No aspiring attorney should be without this book."
-Katharine Hansen, PhD, creative director of Quintessential Careers, and author of Top Notch Executive Resumes
Law students, laterals, government lawyers, and even senior in-house attorneys often make costly mistakes during interviews. Nail Your Law Job Interview provides tips, examples, and substantive advice on different kinds of job interviews. It is the only comprehensive interview book for lawyers.
Through real-life examples and tips from hundreds of prominent legal professionals, this book reveals successful interview strategies, insider perspectives, and bold moves.
• Unique challenges facing foreign and "involuntary" job applicants.
• Questions not to ask and answers to avoid.
• Body language, gap-fillers, and effective interview questions.
• What to wear, what to bring, and how to do your homework.
• Lunch interview etiquette.
• Dealing with inappropriate questions and arrogant interviewers.
• Tips for working with a headhunter and negotiating an offer.
Nail Your Law JobInterview is a must-have for every candidate who hopes to obtain a legal position in today's legal market!