- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Naked Objects is a radical approach that exposes the core business objects directly to the user, instead of masking them behind a task-oriented user interface. This invaluable book describes the business case for designing systems this way, outlines a lightweight methodology that you can adopt, and provides a short tutorial.
* Defines "Naked Objects"-an Open Source toolkit for prototyping expressive systems that you can freely download
* Covers theory and practice, and includes several real-life illustrations of Naked Objects in practice
* Contains all the information necessary to construct a Naked Objects project
1. A critical look at object-orientation.
A brief history of objects.
Five practices that separate procedure and data.
Defining a new approach.
Case study: Government benefits processing.
2. Introducing 'naked objects'.
The Naked Objects framework.
The benefits of naked objects.
Frequently Asked Questions.
3. Programming with Naked Objects.
The anatomy of a naked object.
Making the objects available to the user.
Building a multi-user system.
Enriching object behaviours.
Case study: Retail marketing and pricing.
4. A development process.
The exploration phase.
The specification phase.
The delivery phase.
Case study: Arrears and collections.
5. Extending Naked Objects.
Additional documentation available on our website.
Some ways in which Naked Objects could be extended.
Will naked o bject systems scale?
Case study: Energy trading.
Appendix A: Getting started.
Appendix B: Code example.
Apendix C: Cliché code.
Appendix D: Icon library.