- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A biography of the military genius, who in 1804 crowned himself Emperor of the French and established a vast European empire.
2. Prelude to Power: The Formative Years, 1769-99.
3. The Elaboration of Power: Napoleonic Government.
4. The Territorial and Dynastic Extensions of Power: From Empire to 'Grand Empire'.
5. The Social Accretions of Power: The Imperial Notables, Nobility, and 'Spoils System'.
6. Representations of Power, For and Against: Public Opinion, Education, and the Arts.
7. The Historiographical Images of Power.
8. Conclusion: The Real Legacy.