A Nation Under the Influence: America's Addiction to Alcohol / Edition 1by J. Vincent Peterson, Bernard Nisenholz, Gary T. Robinson
Pub. Date: 03/28/2002
Provides the reader with a an up-to-date view of alcohol abuse in America. Coverage includes a historical perspective, and the nature of alcohol use and abuse. Dependence, treatment, and alcohol use and health issues are covered. Alcohol's impact on different sectors in our society, as well as economic and social issues on the U.S. economy are/b>/b>… See more details below
Provides the reader with a an up-to-date view of alcohol abuse in America. Coverage includes a historical perspective, and the nature of alcohol use and abuse. Dependence, treatment, and alcohol use and health issues are covered. Alcohol's impact on different sectors in our society, as well as economic and social issues on the U.S. economy are discussed. Coverage of special populations, marketing and advertising issues, as well as primary and secondary methods of prevention and other solutions, help make this book well-rounded and the most current available on the market today. Issues of underage drinking, the stages of alcohol dependence, the relationship of the "family disease" are also discussed. Relevant internet sites are presented throughout the book, and in a comprehensive appendix. Anyone interested in the issues surrounding alcoholism in our contemporary society. This could include: Educators, counselors, social workers, correctional facilities and the public at large.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.80(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. Prologue—The Dysfunctional Society: Can a Nation Be Addicted to Alcohol?
2. A Brief History of Alcohol in the United States.
3. The Nature of Alcohol.
4. Alcohol Use, Alcohol Abuse, and Health.
5. Alcohol Abuse.
6. America's Greatest Illegal Drug Problem: Alcohol Abuse by Young People.
7. Alcoholism: A Mysterious Syndrome?
8. The Diagnosis of Alcohol Abuse and Alcohol Dependence.
9. The Family Disease: Theory and Treatment.
10. Treatment of Alcohol Abuse and Alcohol Dependence (Alcoholism).
11. Alcohol Use Among Special Populations I.
12. Alcohol Use Among Special Populations II.
13. Social and Economic Costs of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
14. Alcohol Marketing/Advertising.
15. Ways of Addressing Alcohol Problems.
Appendix 1: Internet Sites.
Appendix 2: Diagnostic Instruments.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >