The Nation's Health / Edition 8by Leiyu Shi, Douglas A. Singh
Pub. Date: 09/15/2010
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
• Presents a comprehensive overarching framework to portray the determinants of the nation’s health and organize the major components of the Book. Then, under each major component, we present a more detailed framework capturing the essential elements of that particular component of the overarching framework. This would be an important new
• Presents a comprehensive overarching framework to portray the determinants of the nation’s health and organize the major components of the Book. Then, under each major component, we present a more detailed framework capturing the essential elements of that particular component of the overarching framework. This would be an important new addition to the Book and will make better sense to the readers when approaching the reading materials.
• The book cross-links to Delivering Healthcare in the US and Essentials of the US Health Care System books so that the readings presented in this Book would also become background and supplemental readings of the two other textbooks.
• In front of each major component, a summary section highlights the major issues and challenges related to that component and provides a summary of the representative articles to follow. This helps readers clearly grasp the essential elements related to that component and understand the main objectives of each of the selected readings for that component.
• The Book will include both classic readings and new readings published within the last five years.
• New features: Introduces articles on healthcare delivery and interventions to address health determinants and improve population health from other countries in the world. Readers will benefit from learning from other countries in both healthcare delivery and health determinants interventions.
Other positive features of the Book include:
• Limited use of tables and figures to allow readers to grasp the essence of the chapter without too much distraction
• The book can be used either stand-alone as a textbook or a secondary reader to a health care related course
Courses will be found in:
Schools of Public Health
Department of Health Administration and Policy
School of Nursing
School of Medicine
Timely / current
Concise and easy-to-follow
Focusing on essentials of U.S. health care delivery
Include lessons and experiences from foreign countries
a) Do your students have limited knowledge of U.S. health care? – The book includes overviews and collection of articles that provide an introduction to the most essentials components of U.S. health care delivery at layman’s terms.
b) Is current information important in your teaching? – The book provides relevantly current articles on important components of U.S. health care delivery. Its relatively short-length facilitates quick updates from year to year.
c) Is coherence important to you and your students? – The book uses a comprehensive framework to organize the parts and chapters. Its limited use of tables and figures does not cause too much a ‘slow-down’.
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 2.00(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >