- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Utilizes basic concepts of economics and finance to explain the relationship of the economy to the ecosystem, seeing the ecosystem as imposing biophysical constraints on economic growth. Means of sustainable economic development and sustainable resource use are stressed.
Background material and alternative, more efficient, problem-solving approaches are included.
1. Importance of Narural Resources and Environment.
2. Economic and Financial Concepts in Resource Management.
3. Historical Views of Natural and Environmental Resource.
4. Economy and Environment.
5. Property Rights and Externalities.
6. natural Resource decisions.
7. Exhaustible Resource Use.
8. Renewable Resource Management.
9. Economics of Environmental Pollution.
10. Natural and Environmental Resource Accounting.
11. Benefit-Cost Analysis of Resource Investments.
12. Nonmarket Valuation of Natural and Environmental Resources.
Questions for Discussion.