Natural Standard Herbal Pharmacotherapy: An Evidence-Based Approachby Catherine Ulbricht
With all of the essential information you need on herbal pharmacotherapy for the pharmacy setting, Natural Standard Herbal Pharmacotherapy provides practical guidance on the use of herbal therapies for medical conditions. The text’s unique expanded outline format allows you to quickly review facts and identify important information. Each chapter/b>… See more details below
With all of the essential information you need on herbal pharmacotherapy for the pharmacy setting, Natural Standard Herbal Pharmacotherapy provides practical guidance on the use of herbal therapies for medical conditions. The text’s unique expanded outline format allows you to quickly review facts and identify important information. Each chapter includes detailed, evidence-based coverage of the effects of herbal medicine on medical conditions, and Natural Standard’s grading scale ensures you use the most effective treatments for your patients. Plus, a section on adjunct therapies provides advice on combining herbal medicine with primary treatments.
- Chapters are organized by medical condition, and present supportive evidence for selected herbal therapies used for specific medical conditions.
- A full-color insert provides photos of herbs covered in the text in their natural settings.
- Case studies prepare you for patient counseling in clinical practice.
- Review questions, similar to those on national board exams, allow trainees to evaluate learning and identify areas for further study, with answers provided at the back of the book.
- A section on herbal therapies with limited evidence includes information on widely used products which lack scientific evidence to support use.
- Dosing information provided for adults and children.
- Integrative therapy plans help quickly assess patient needs and create cohesive treatment plans considering all therapeutic options.
- Herb tables by therapeutic class summarize products with properties related to specific medical conditions.
- An appendix of normal lab values includes the relative range for a variety of tests and conditions.
- The comprehensive safety appendix describes adverse effects, clinically significant interactions between herbs and other botanicals (including plants, fungi, algae, and common constituents) with prescription and over-the-counter drugs. This section also includes pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics information for herbal therapies.
- A pregnancy appendix contains scientific evidence regarding the safety and efficacy of herbal products during pregnancy and lactation.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Herbal Pharmacotherapy
Chapter 2 - Evidence-Based Integrative Care
Chapter 3 - Psychiatric Disorders
Chapter 4 - Anxiety and Insomnia
Chapter 5 - Depressive Disorders
Chapter 6 - Physical and Cognitive Enhancement
Chapter 7 - Parkinson’s Disease
Chapter 8 - Epilepsy
Chapter 9 - Pain
Chapter 10 - Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders
Chapter 11 - Hypertension
Chapter 12 - Congestive Heart Failure and Diuresis
Chapter 13 - Angina
Chapter 14 - Ischemic Disease and Heart Rhythm Disorders
Chapter 15 - Coagulation Disorders
Chapter 16 - Lipid Disorders
Chapter 17 - Respiratory Disorders
Chapter 18 - Diabetes
Chapter 19 - Pituitary and Thyroid Disorders
Chapter 20 - Obesity
Chapter 21 - Menopause
Chapter 22 - Osteoporosis
Chapter 23 - Arthritis
Chapter 24 - Gastrointestinal Disorders
Chapter 25 - Liver Disorders
Chapter 26 - Genitourinary Disorders
Chapter 27 - Bacterial Infections
Chapter 28 - Parasitic Infections
Chapter 29 - Viral Infections
Chapter 30 - Cancer
Appendix A - Safety: Adverse Effects, Interactions, Pharmacokinetics
Appendix B - Pregnancy and Lactation
Appendix C - Therapeutic Class Tables
Appendix D - Laboratory Values Answers to Review Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >