Natural Standard Medical Conditions Reference: An Integrative Approachby Natural Standard, Catherine Ulbricht
Pub. Date: 12/05/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Healthcare providers are often approached by patients and clients about alternative therapies, whether self-prescribing or wanting to add therapies as an adjunct to the medical treatment they will be receiving. In addition, many healthcare providers plan to incorporate alternative treatments into their practice for a more integrative approach. Whichever the case,… See more details below
Healthcare providers are often approached by patients and clients about alternative therapies, whether self-prescribing or wanting to add therapies as an adjunct to the medical treatment they will be receiving. In addition, many healthcare providers plan to incorporate alternative treatments into their practice for a more integrative approach. Whichever the case, it’s important for the healthcare provider to have access to information about alternative and integrative treatments and how they work with standard medical therapies. Answering this need is Natural Standard Medical Conditions Reference: An Integrative Approach, a quick reference book with integrative medicine monographs for more than 100 of the most crucial conditions. This is your best source for comprehensive, evidence-based integrative medicine information, categorized according to evidence and proven efficacy.
• Covers 100+ of the most commonly seen conditions.
• Integrated therapies are rated according to whether the scientific evidence is good, unclear or conflicting, slightly negative, or strongly negative.
• Each monograph ends with a section on prevention, giving tips to help the patient prevent disease/conditions or perhaps avoid recurrence after treatment is finished.
• Conventional medical treatment is thoroughly explained, as well as lifestyle changes that could benefit the patient.
• The lead author is a PharmD from The Natural Standard Research Collaboration, which is well respected in both medical and alternative communities.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.10(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
• How to Use This Book
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Anxiety Disorders
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Back Pain
• Bipolar disorder
• Common cold
• Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
• Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
• Erectile dysfunction
• Gallbladder pancreas disorders
• Gastrointestinal disorders
• Genitourinary disorders
• Gynecological cancers
• Hair disorders
• Heart attack
• Hepatitis B
• High blood pressure
• High cholesterol
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Kidney-electrolyte disorders
• Musculoskeletal problems
• Parkinson's disease
• Pregnancy and Labor
• Prostate conditions
• Sexual dysfunction
• Sexually transmitted diseases
• Skin rash
• Sleep disorders
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >