Navigating Cross-Border Real Estate Matters: Leading Lawyers on Guiding Real Estate Investors Through Legal, Corporate, and Regulatory Requirements in US and Foreign Jurisdictions (Inside the Minds)by Multiple Authors
Navigating Cross-Border Real Estate Matters provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the broad range of international real estate deals and the clients who initiate thembe it an individual, a private investment vehicle, a multinational company, a US-based fund sponsor, etc. Regardless of whether the transaction involves the purchase, sale, or lease
Navigating Cross-Border Real Estate Matters provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the broad range of international real estate deals and the clients who initiate thembe it an individual, a private investment vehicle, a multinational company, a US-based fund sponsor, etc. Regardless of whether the transaction involves the purchase, sale, or lease of real estate assets in a foreign countryor in the United States by a foreign investorthis book describes the hyper-local nature of all real estate transactions and helps develop the reader's appreciation for the variation in countries' laws, cultures, and norms. These top lawyers describe the importance of understanding cross-border issues not only with respect to the country in which you are investing and the country from which you are investing, but quite often the intermediary countries through which an investment may be structured for tax, governance, and marketing reasons. Finally, these leaders reveal their strategies effectively structuring these cross-border deals with respect to tax implications for both domestic and foreign investors. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this high-stakes field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Walter R. McCabe III, Ropes & Gray LLP - "Playing on the World Stage: Cross-Border Real Estate Investing"
2. Roger J. Griesmeyer, Andrews Kurth LLP - "Knowing when to Step InAnd Step BackIn Cross-Border Real Estate Transactions"
3. Marc I. Hayutin, Sidley Austin LLP - "Managing Risk to Clients and Lawyers in International Real Estate Transactions"
4. David J. Lowery, Jones Day - "Buying and Investing in Properties in Another Country: How Attorneys Can Support Commercial Real Estate Clients"
5. Anne Marie Konopack and Paul Meyer, Mayer Brown LLP - "Cross-Border Real Estate Investments: Income Tax Structuring Is Key to Success"
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw; Aspatore
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 5.40(h) x 0.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >