- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
After completing Brodow's basic training program, you will have learned how to:
• Conquer your fear of confrontation and overcome the negative behaviors that hold you back.
• Identify and develop your personal negotiation style.
• Assess the other side's strengths and weaknesses.
• Get the other side to make concessions without giving up any of your goals.
• Master the art of listening to understand the other side's position and strengthen your own.
• Avoid getting sidetracked by personal or emotional issues.
• Create an atmosphere of trust in which the other party is a collaborator rather than a competitor.
• Break through impasses and close the deal.
"Negotiation Boot Camp shows us how to succeed not just in negotiations but also in life itself. This is a must-read."
HARVEY PITT-SEC Chairman
"Readers will find that Brodow's tactics get the job done."
"The most straightforward, real world and useful advice on negotiation out there!"
ANTOINETTE RODRIGUEZ-CEO of MarFi Advisors
"Buy it, read it regularly and do not lend it!"
REG NORDMAN-Managing Director, Rocket Builder
"This is THE BOOK for career women who have any trepidation about negotiation."
MARJORIE BRODY-author of Career Magic: A Woman's Guide to Reward and Recognition
"If you're looking for real-world, practical strategies and answers, look no further than this book."
JEFFREY GITOMER-author of The Sales Bible
“Ed Brodow is the King of Negotiators. Negotiation Boot Camp is witty, incisive, instructive, pithy, and chock-full of real-world examples; it shows us how to succeed—not just in negotiations but also in life itself. This is a must-read.” —Harvey Pitt, Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, 2001–2003, and CEO and Founder of Kalorama Partners, LLP
“Negotiation Boot Camp is not just another book on negotiating. It should be required reading for people who want to improve their business and personal relationships.”
—Joseph C. Mitcho, Vice President, Organizational Development, Wood Group ESP, Inc.
“This is THE BOOK for career women who have any trepidation about negotiating. It is easy to read, and filled with everything you need to know about making deals.”
—Marjorie Brody, CEO of Brody Communications Ltd. and author of Career Magic: a Woman’s Guide to Reward & Recognition
Excerpted from Negotiation Boot Camp by Ed Brodow Copyright © 2006 by Ed Brodow. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.