- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
List of Illustrations
1. Origins; or, Paradise Dawning
2. Natus Aethiopus/Natus Albus
3. The Curse of Ham; or, From "Generation" to "Race"
4. The Calculus of Color
5. The Bluish Tinge in the Halfmoon; or, Fingernails as a Racial Sign
6. Code Noir and Literature
7. Retellings: Mercenaries and Abolitionists
8. Excursus on the "Tragic Mulatto"; or, The Fate of a Stereotype
9. Passing; or, Sacrificing a Parvenu
10. Incest and Miscegenation
Appendix A: A Chronology of Interracial Literature
Appendix B: Prohibitions of Interracial Marriage arid Cohabitation
Posted February 21, 2001
My father is white and my mother is black. They are both American. I have a brother, Isaac and a sister, Victoria. We were raised to love ourselves and have high self-esteems. My brother looks more like my mother and many people can not tell that he is mulatto. They think his is full-blooded black. My sister however can 'pass' for white and I look totally mixed. I loved this book and I felt like part of the book was like my life.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted November 11, 2008
No text was provided for this review.