.NET Framework Securityby Brian A. LaMacchia, Matthew Lyons, Sebastian Lange, Rudi Martin
Pub. Date: 04/24/2002
Publisher: Pearson Education
Now that it is released, .NET and the .NET Framework will change the software development process for/p>
In 1997, Microsoft embarked on a "bet the company" strategy that was to reinvent the way the company did business. Even before its release, .NET made major strides in reinventing the way that software developers viewed the software they wrote.
Now that it is released, .NET and the .NET Framework will change the software development process for good.
.NET Framework Security provides the ultimate high-end comprehensive reference to all of the new security features available in .NET. Through extensive code samples and step-by-step walkthroughs of configuration techniques, the reader is taken deep into the world of secure applications. Demonstrations of creating custom procedures and a full explanation of each aspect separate this book from many other "lecture books." Many of the concepts expressed in this book are not only viable in .NET, but on the Internet in general. These factors combined make this the one reference that every developer and system administrator should have.
.NET Framework Security provides
- An extensive introduction to explanation of Code Access Security, the powerful new security system shipping in the .NET Framework
- Information on how to write and test safe applications using the .NET Framework
- Extensive coverage on how to effectively administer .NET Framework security
- In-depth introduction to the cryptography library shipping in the .NET Framework, including an introduction to XML digital signatures
- An overview of all of the new security features available in .NET
- Code samples that can be used to implement security on your own Web site or application
- Step-by-stemodifying the various configuration files associated with .NET, and an explanation of the elements involved
- Instructions for all of the aspects of security in the CLR and what it means
- How to use ASP.NET to create a secure application
- Explanations for using the CryptoAPI libraries to create your own custom functionality
- Guidelines on how to create secure network applications as well as applications that exist on the Internet
- Detailed examples of how to establish security parameters in IIS that relate to ASP.NET
- Instructions for administering .NET applications hosted in IE
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.14(h) x 1.79(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This is the best book to buy on .Net. Like all things digital, .Net has recently spawned a few other books of largely shoddy quality. This book, however, written by those who ought to know (Sebastian Lange & company) is the standout. It's clearly written, well- organized, and full of the right information. It's the best place to start, and until they update it, it'll be the place to stay.