Network Mergers and Migrations: Junos Design and Implementation / Edition 1by Gonzalo Gomez Herrero, Jan Anton Bernal van der Ven
Pub. Date: 05/10/2010
This book provides a complete reference to network mergers and migrations using the Junos operating system Network Mergers and Migrations provides readers with a comprehensive guide for network migration activities by detailing a variety of internetworking case studies. Both enterprise and service provider scenarios are examined based on the experience and… See more details below
This book provides a complete reference to network mergers and migrations using the Junos operating system Network Mergers and Migrations provides readers with a comprehensive guide for network migration activities by detailing a variety of internetworking case studies. Both enterprise and service provider scenarios are examined based on the experience and expertise of two senior Juniper Networks engineers. From MPLS Layer 3 VPN migration approaches to comprehensive network protocol consolidation and integration, each case study covers planning, design and implementation, as well as discussing alternatives and leveraging additional specific services and Junos resources, to ensure successful completion at each migration phase. These case studies are complemented with solid state-of-the-art protocol analysis and with practical application notes focused on specific functionalities. Readers are shown, not told, how to accomplish one of the more critical tasks of modern day networking merging two or more networks or migrating one into the other. This is a book that truly describes the challenges that involve networks in modern environments, in both enterprise and service provider milieus. Key Features:
• Provides an invaluable reference for engineers needing to upgrade networks, consolidate activities, or deploy new features or services.
• Contains case studies and application notes of network migrations, moving well beyond theoretical technology descriptions.
• Offers advanced techniques from engineers who have planned, designed, and accomplished complicated internetwork migrations, offering lessons learned from their success stories and pitfall situations.
• Covers specific Junos resources for routing tables, link-state interior gateway protocols, BGP, MPLS label distribution protocols, MPLS Layer 3 VPN and many more Junos related features and functionalities Network Mergers and Migrations will be of immense interest to network eng
- Publication date:
- Wiley Series on Communications Networking & Distributed Systems Series, #32
- Product dimensions:
- 6.60(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
List of Junos Tips
List of Application Notes
List of "What ifs"
1 Dealing with Routes within a Junos OS Based Router
2 Link-State IGP migrations
3 BGP Migrations
4 MPLS label distributions Migrations
5 MPLS Layer 3 VPN Migrations
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Today she is wearing baby pink high- waisted shorts, and a black and white cheetah print long-sleeved sheer shirt. She has black combat boots. She has a matching pink bow pulling bak two strands of her hair.