- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
As the second edition of a very successful neurobiology book, this text covers a range from molecules to systems, and uses various systems to illustrate each major concept. In addition to the text, this title offers a companion website, which features animations of difficult concepts, online assignments and practice exams, as well as all text figures in an easy to download format.
Part I: Introduction to Neurobiology:.
1. A Preview of Neurobiology.
2. Organization of Nervous Systems.
Part II: Cellular Aspects of Neurobiology:.
3. Origin of Membrane Potential.
4. Mechanism of Nerve Action Potential.
5. Synaptic Transmission at the Neuromuscular Junction.
6. Synaptic Transmission in the Central Nervous System.
Part III: Neural Control of Muscle Contraction:.
7 . Neural Control of Muscle Contraction.
8. Spinal Cord Mechanisms.
9. Brain Motor Mechanisms.
10. Sensorimotor Integration.
11. The Autonomic Nervous System.
12. The Hypothalamus.
Part IV: Sensory Systems:.
13. An Overview of Sensory Systems.
14. The Somatic Senses.
15. The Visual System: Retina.
16. The Visual System: Higher Visual Processing.
17. Hearing and Other Vibration Senses.
18. Chemical Senses.
Part V: Neuronal Plasticity and Higher Cortical Function:.
19. Neural Development.
20. Synaptic Plasticity.
21. Language and Cognition