Neurological Rehabilitation / Edition 3by Darcy Ann Umphred
Using a problem-solving approach based on clinical evidence, Neurological Rehabilitation, 6th Edition covers the therapeutic management of people with functional movement limitations and quality of life issues following a neurological event. It reviews basic theory and covers the latest screening and diagnostic tests, new treatments, and interventions/b>… See more details below
Using a problem-solving approach based on clinical evidence, Neurological Rehabilitation, 6th Edition covers the therapeutic management of people with functional movement limitations and quality of life issues following a neurological event. It reviews basic theory and covers the latest screening and diagnostic tests, new treatments, and interventions commonly used in today's clinical practice. This edition includes the latest advances in neuroscience, adding new chapters on neuroimaging and clinical tools such as virtual reality, robotics, and gaming. Written by respected clinician and physical therapy expert Darcy Umphred, this classic neurology text provides problem-solving strategies that are key to individualized, effective care.
- UNIQUE! Emerging topics are covered in detail, including chapters such as Movement Development Across the Lifespan, Health and Wellness: The Beginning of the Paradigm, Documentation, and Cardiopulmonary Interactions.
- UNIQUE! A section on neurological problems accompanying specific system problems includes hot topics such as poor vision, pelvic floor dysfunction, and pain.
- A problem-solving approach helps you apply your knowledge to examinations, evaluations, prognoses, and intervention strategies.
- Evidence-based research sets up best practices, covering topics such as the theory of neurologic rehabilitation, screening and diagnostic tests, treatments and interventions, and the patient's psychosocial concerns Information.
- Case studies use real-world examples to promote problem-solving skills.
- Non-traditional approaches to neurological interventions in the Alternative and Complementary Therapies chapter include the movement approach, energy approach, and physical body system approaches therapies.
- Terminology adheres to the best practices of the APTA as well as other leading physical therapy organizations, following The Guide to Physical Therapy Practice, the Nagi model, and the ICF World Health Model of patient empowerment.
- Updated illustrations provide current visual references.
- NEW chapters on imaging and robotics have been added.
- Updated chapters incorporate the latest advances and the newest information in neuroscience and intervention strategies.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include references with links to MEDLINE and more.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.85(w) x 11.31(h) x 1.90(d)
Table of Contents
|1||Introduction and Overview: Multiple Conceptual Models: Frameworks for Clinical Problem Solving||3|
|2||Normal Sequential Behavioral and Physiological Changes Throughout the Developmental Arc||33|
|3||Overview of the Structure and Function of the Central Nervous System||66|
|4||Contemporary Issues and Theories of Motor Control: Assessment of Movement and Balance||81|
|5||Limbic Complex: Influence over Motor Control and Learning||92|
|6||Classification of Treatment Techniques Based on Primary Input Systems: Inherent and Contrived Feedback/Loop Systems and Their Potential Influence on Altering a Feedforward Motor System||118|
|7||Psychosocial Aspects of Adaptation and Adjustment During Various Phases of Neurological Disability||179|
|8||Neonatal Care and Follow-Up for Infants at Neuromotor Risk||203|
|15||Congenital Spinal Cord Injury||454|
|16||Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury||484|
|17||Therapeutic Management of the Client with Inflammatory and Infectious Disorders of the Brain||535|
|18||The Role of Rehabilitation After Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection||556|
|19||Poliomyelitis and the Postpolio Syndrome||571|
|21||Basal Ganglia Disorders: Metabolic, Hereditary, and Genetic Disorders in Adults||606|
|25||Brain Function, Aging, and Dementia||722|
|26||Disorders in Oral, Speech, and Language Functions||747|
|27||Disorders of Vision and Visual Perceptual Dysfunction||769|
|29||Electrodiagnosis in Neurological Dysfunction||838|
|30||Electrical Stimulation and Electromyographic Biofeedback: Applications for Neurological Dysfunction||852|
|32||Therapeutic Application of Orthotics||893|
|33||An Overview of Pharmaceutical Agents and the Implications for Therapists||911|
|34||Health Education: Key to an Enriched Environment||920|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >