- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Modern neuroscience has penetrated exciting and diverse frontiers into the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological disease. Clinical neurology, whilst greatly enhanced by dramatic advances in molecular biology, genetics, neurochemistry and physiology, remains deeply rooted in practical ...
Modern neuroscience has penetrated exciting and diverse frontiers into the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological disease. Clinical neurology, whilst greatly enhanced by dramatic advances in molecular biology, genetics, neurochemistry and physiology, remains deeply rooted in practical traditions: the history from the patient and the elicitation of physical signs.
Neurologists, neuroscientists and neurosurgeons working at Queen Square, and advised by an international editorial team, have combined their expertise and experience to produce this unique text. The synthesis of clinical neurology with translational research provides a fresh perspective which is
The blend of new science and proven practice underpins this creative approach towards investigating and improving the care of patients suffering from neurological diseases.
About Queen Square
The world-renowned National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery and UCL Institute of Neurology, based in Queen Square, London, have an international reputation for training, research and patient care. Research at both institutions leads developments in translational medicine that are transforming the treatment of neurological disease.
1. Neurology Worldwide: the Burden of Neurological Disease.
2. Nervous System Structure and Function.
3. The Language of Neurology: Symptoms, Signs and Basic Investigations.
4. Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases.
5. Movement Disorders.
6. Epilepsy and Related Disorders.
7. Cognitive Impairment and Dementia.
8. Infection in the Nervous System.
9. Nerve and Muscle Disease.
10. Multiple Sclerosis and Demyelinating Diseases.
12. Cranial Nerve Disorders.
15. Spinal Cord Disorders.
16. Cerebellar Ataxias and Related Conditions.
17. Restorative and Rehabilitation Neurology.
18. Toxic, Metabolic and Physical Insults to the Nervous System.
19. Disorders of Consciousness, Intensive Care Neurology and Sleep.
21. Psychiatry and Neurology.
23. Autonomic Dysfunction.
25. Systemic Conditions and Neurology.