- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
If you’re interested in new directions for your high school, you need to read this practical, real-world guide from two nationally recognized experts.
"Finally, a clear and practical approach for implementing genuine school improvement based on high standards. Marsh and Codding have gone beyond the rhetoric of many high school reform leaders and have addressed the needs of parents and practitioners alike. Their "collection of essays" represents a powerful and pragmatic blueprint for a new American high school. Bravo."
"David Marsh and Judy Codding do not simply challenge us to move beyond the status quo, but they provide practical how-to information and tools to motivate us to implement truly powerful school reform."
About the Authors
Part I: Where We Are and Where We Ought to Be
1. Just Passing Through: The Life of an American High School - Judy B. Codding and Robert Rothman
2. How Did We Get Here, and Where Should We Be Going? - Marc S. Tucker
Part II: The New American High School: A Standards-Driven Experience
3. Standards and Assessment: The Foundation of High Student Achievement - Robert Rothman
4. Rethinking Curriculum and Instruction in the New American High School - David D. Marsh and Philip Daro
5. Standards-Based Classrooms in High Schools: An Illustration - Sally Hampton
6. Beyond the CIM: Pathways to the Future - Jacqueline Kraemer, John Porter, and Marc S. Tucker
Part III: The New American High School: A Standards-Driven System
7. A New High School Design Focused on Student Performance - Judy B. Codding and Marc S. Tucker
8. District Redesign: Direction, Support, and Accountability for Standards-Based High Schools - David D. Marsh and Michael Strembitsky
9. Some Tough Choices Ahead - David D. Marsh
Epilogue: Anne's World—circa 2005 - Marc S. Tucker and Judy B. Codding
Foreword - Lauren B. Resnick