- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
An educated, energetic, and motivated student affairs staff is critical to the delivery of quality learning opportunities and services for students. This new volume offers a range of strategies for recruiting, retaining, and developing such a staff, examining a performance-based approach to human resource development, the impact of supervisors and mentors on those entering and advancing in the field, and the influence of behavioral style on professional development.
1. What Is Professional Development? (Robert A. Schwartz, William A. Bryan).
2. Performance-Based Approaches to Human Resource Development (Tyrone A. Holmes).
3. Staff Supervision and Professional Development: An Integrated Approach (Roger B. Winston, Jr., Don G. Creamer).
4. Creating a Culture of Development for the New Professional (Patricia J. Harned, Michael C. Murphy).
5. Influence and Impact: Professional Development in Student Affairs (Diane L. Cooper, Theodore K. Miller).
6. Using Self-Reflection for Personal and Professional Development in Student Affairs (Joanne E. Nottingham).
7. A Model for Staff Development in Student Affairs (Beverlyn Grace-Odeleye).
8. Some Final Thoughts About Staff Development (William A. Bryan, Robert A. Schwartz).