- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Christian mission is no longer a matter of missionaries from the West going to the rest of the world. Rather, the growth of Christianity in Latin America, Africa and parts of Asia is eclipsing that of the Western church.
In the third millennium of the Christian era, Christian mission is truly global, with missionaries from all places going to all peoples.
Veteran missiologist Samuel Escobar presents this introduction to Christian mission today. He explores the new realities of our globalized world and assesses the context of a changing mission field that is simultaneously secular and syncretistic. He also sets forth a thoroughly biblical theology of missions, considering how God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are at work around the world, with implications for how Christians are to go about the task of global mission.
1. Christian Mission in a New Century
2. Mud and Glory
3. A Brave New World Order
4. Post-Christian and Postmodern
5. We Believe in a Missionary God
6. Christ: God's Best Missionary
7. The Holy Spirit and Christian Mission
8. Text and Context: The Word Through New Eyes
9. Mission as Transforming Service
10. A New Way of Looking at the World
For Further Study