New Interchange: English for International Communicationby Jack C. Richards, Jonathan Hull, Susan Proctor
New Interchange is the second edition of Interchange, one of the world's most successful English courses for adult and young adult learners at the beginning to intermediate levels. New Interchange incorporates suggesstions from students and teachers using the first edition from around the world. It offers more comprehensive grammar/b>/b>/b>
New Interchange is the second edition of Interchange, one of the world's most successful English courses for adult and young adult learners at the beginning to intermediate levels. New Interchange incorporates suggesstions from students and teachers using the first edition from around the world. It offers more comprehensive grammar presentation and practice, more opportunities to develop listening skills and built fluency, as well as fresh new content in every unit.
New Interchange features high-interest topics, a focus on both accuracy and fluency, and a multi-skills syllabus integrating themes, structures, functions, vocabulary, and pronunciation. The underlying philosophy of the course is that language is best learned when used for meaningful communication. New Interchange is written in American English, but reflects the fact that English is the major language of international communication, and is not limited to any one country, region, or culture.
• An integrated multi-skills syllabus
• Contemporary, real-world topics
• Conversational language
• Grammar in communicative contexts
• Natural recordings with a variety of accents
• Task-based listening activities
• Opportunities to share opinions and ideas
• Student-centered fluency activities
• A thorough treatment of pronunciation
• Vocabulary-building exercises
• High-interest reading passages
• Review units at regular intervals
• Level three of New Interchange consists of a Student's Book, Workbook, Teacher's Edition, or Teacher's Manual, Class Audio Cassettes or CDs, and Student's Audio Cassettes or CDs.
The Student's Book and Workbook can be purchased in split editions. The Student's Sudio Cassettes or CDs are offered only in split editions. A Placement Tests is available for the course.
- Cambridge University Press
- Publication date:
- New Interchange English for International Communication Ser.
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.98(h) x 0.47(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >