- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Hundreds of listings for dining, lodging, and travel tips for ...
- Hundreds of listings for dining, lodging, and travel tips for all budgets-updated with current phone numbers, addresses, and prices
- Suggested itineraries for trips of varying lengths to all regions of Japan
- More than 200 regional and city maps, updated and with detailed transportation routes and landmarks
- Place names in both English and Japanese
- "Conversation cards"-passports to simple and enjoyable Japanese conversation
- Concise directions, exact schedules, and latest train routes
With its methodical approach and abundance of information, New Japan Solo gives an insider's view of one of the Far East's most desirable travel destinations, supplying everything necessary to make any sojourn a success.
Posted May 27, 2003
This is a great book to have in your hands while touring Japan. It has really clear and useful information about things you need to know right now; e.g. Now that I am standing at the streetcar stop, what car number should I take to get me to the museum? It also has some nifty cards in the back that you can rip out to show to the train attendant, ticket agent or waitress. The cards are written in both Japanese Kanji and English, so the person you are showing can understand what you want. Great idea. Excellent book.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.