Japan can be a bewildering place for the tourist traveling alone with little or no language skills. But with the right guide, it can be paradise. Published in cooperation with the Japan National Tourist Organization, New Japan Solo is that perfect travel companion. The latest edition of a book the New York Times called "indispensable" has been fully updated and provides a wealth of information far beyond the offerings of the typical travel guide:
- Hundreds of listings for dining, lodging, and travel tips for all budgets-updated with current phone numbers, addresses, and prices
- Suggested itineraries for trips of varying lengths to all regions of Japan
- More than 200 regional and city maps, updated and with detailed transportation routes and landmarks
- Place names in both English and Japanese
- "Conversation cards"-passports to simple and enjoyable Japanese conversation
- Concise directions, exact schedules, and latest train routes
With its methodical approach and abundance of information, New Japan Solo gives an insider's view of one of the Far East's most desirable travel destinations, supplying everything necessary to make any sojourn a success.