The New Jerome Biblical Commentary / Edition 1by Raymond E. Brown S.S
Pub. Date: 09/28/1989
This reference book is a compact commentary on the entire Bible that readers can use to familiarize themselves with the methods and paths followed by biblical scholars. It features current theories on dating, historical reconstruction, and archaeological information. Contemporary perspectives and topical articles of an introductory nature include Hermeneutics,… See more details below
This reference book is a compact commentary on the entire Bible that readers can use to familiarize themselves with the methods and paths followed by biblical scholars. It features current theories on dating, historical reconstruction, and archaeological information. Contemporary perspectives and topical articles of an introductory nature include Hermeneutics, Canonicity, Old Testament themes, and coverage of biblical theology. Additional commentary includes articles on Jesus, the early Church, Gnosticism, and the subapostolic church. Especially for seminarians and clergy who require a commentary on the Scriptures both during their formal study of theology and for preaching in their ministry. Also, for those interested in religion and theology on all levels and feel the need for an adequate background in the Bible.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.90(w) x 12.70(h) x 2.40(d)
Table of Contents
I. THE OLD TESTAMENT.
1. Introduction to The Pentateuch.
9. 1-2 Samuel.
10. 1-2 Kings.
11. Introduction to Prophetic Literature.
12. Hebrew Poetry.
15. Isaiah 1-39.
17. Zephaniah, Nahum, Habakkuk.
19. Introduction to Old Testament Apocalypticism.
22. Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
23. The Chronicler: 1-2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah.
24. Joel, Obadiah.
26. 1-2 Maccabees.
27. Introduction to Wisdom Literature.
29. Canticle Of Canticles.
38. Tobit, Judith, Esther.
II. THE NEW TESTAMENT AND TOPICAL ARTICLES.
40. Synoptic Problem.
41. The Gospel According to Mark.
42. The Gospel According to Matthew.
43. The Gospel According to Luke.
44. Acts of the Apostles.
45. Introduction to the New Testament Epistles.
46. The First Letter to the Thessalonians.
47. The Letter to the Galatians.
48. The Letter to the Philippians.
49. The First Letter to the Corinthians.
50. The Second Letter to the Corinthians.
51. The Letter to the Romans.
52. The Letter to thilemon.
53. The Second Letter to the Thessalonians.
54. The Letter to the Colossians.
55. The Letter to Ephesians.
56. The Pastoral Letters.
57. The First Epistle of Peter.
58. The Epistle of James.
59. The Epistle of Jude.
60. The Epistle to the Hebrews.
61. The Gospel According to John.
62. The Johannine Epistles.
63. The Apocalypse (Revelation).
64. The Second Epistle of Peter.
67. Apocrypha: Dead Sea Scrolls; Other Jewish Literature.
68. Text and Versions.
69. Modern Old Testament Criticism.
70. Modern New Testament Criticism.
72. Church Pronouncements.
73. Biblical Geography.
74. Biblical Archaeology.
75. A History of Israel.
76. Religious Institutions of Israel.
77. Aspects of Old Testament Thought.
80. Early Church.
81. Aspects of New Testament Thought.
82. Pauline Theology.
83. Johannine Theology.
Suggested Basic Bibliography.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >