- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Section 1: Transition to Parenting and Relationships in Practice – Working with Women
1. What Women Want from Care Around the Time of Birth
2. First Relationships and the Growth of Love and Commitment
3. Becoming a Parent
4. Midwifery Partnership: Working ‘With’ Women
5. The Politics of Involving Women in Decision Making
6. Supporting Midwives to Support Women
7. Working with Women: Developing Continuity of Care in Practice
8. The Birth of Twins: A Reflection on Practice
Section 2: Putting Science into Practice
9. Evidence-Based Care and Twins
10. Evidence-Based Midwifery: Finding, Appraising and Applying Evidence in Practice
11. Risk: Theoretical or Actual?
12. Why Do Research?
13. Jenna’s Care Story: Post-Term Pregnancy
Section 3: Promoting Healthy Birth, Using Midwifery Skills and the Organisation of Practice
14. A Public Health View of Maternity Services
15. Reducing Inequalities in Childbirth: The Midwife’s Role in Public Health
16. Keeping Birth Normal
17. Being with Jane in Childbirth: Putting Science and Sensitivity into Practice