- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
1. Introduction to Career Counseling, Career Information, and Career Development.
2. Theories of Career Choice and Development.
3. Factors Influencing Workers and Their Careers.
II. CAREER COUNSELING, APPRAISAL, AND CLIENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
4. Career Counseling: Traditional and Online Approaches.
5. Testing and Assessment.
6. Client Groups with Special Needs.
III. CAREER DEVELOPMENT PRACTICES.
7. Finding and Organizing Occupational Information.
8. Using Technology: The Internet and Computer-Assisted Career Guidance Systems.
9. Preparing for Work.
10. Job Placement, Outplacement, and the Job Search.
IV. ORGANIZING CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS.
11. Systematic Career Development Programming in Elementary and Middle Schools.
12. Career Development Programs in High Schools.
13. Career Development in Four-Year and Community Colleges and Vocational Technical Schools.
V. UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD OF WORK.
14. The Occupational Structure Today and Tomorrow.
15. Classifying Occupations.
VI. SPECIAL SETTINGS AND PREDICTIONS ABOUT THE FUTURE.
16. Career Development in Business and Industry.
17. Career Counselors in Private Practice.
18. Trends and Issues in Career Information, Career Counseling, and Career Development.