- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A top social media guru shares the secrets to expanding your business through relationships People have always done business with people they know, like, and trust. That's the essence of "relationship marketing." Today, the popularity of online social networking has caused a paradigm shift in relationship marketing. Businesses that use both new and traditional ways of nurturing connections with their customers are winning. This book helps businesspeople and marketers master this crucial new skill set. Social ...
A top social media guru shares the secrets to expanding your business through relationships People have always done business with people they know, like, and trust. That's the essence of "relationship marketing." Today, the popularity of online social networking has caused a paradigm shift in relationship marketing. Businesses that use both new and traditional ways of nurturing connections with their customers are winning. This book helps businesspeople and marketers master this crucial new skill set. Social marketing expert Mari Smith outlines a step-by-step plan for building a sizable, loyal network comprised of quality relationships that garner leads, publicity, sales and more. If you're a businessman or businesswoman feeling the pressure to shift your approach to using social media marketing, to better understand the new soft skills required for success on the social web, and to improve your own leadership and relationship skills through emotional and social intelligence, this book is for you.
• Outlines how to become a significant "center of influence" for your customers and prospects
• Explains the unspoken rules of online etiquette — and the common "turnoffs" that drive customers and potential partners away
• Details the unique culture of Facebook, Twitter, and other popular online platforms
• Shows exactly what to automate and delegate to build your social media persona, yet still retain the personal touch
• Mari Smith is coauthor of Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day Even if you have zero presence online, this book will help you see measurable results in a short time. If you're already using social sites to market your business, but want to see a major improvement, the proven nine-step formula will equally apply to you. Use Mari's methods to foster high-quality relationships with stakeholders, and you'll see a measurable increase in the size of your network and, ultimately, your profits.
Foreword GUY KAWASAKI xvii
Introduction What Is the New Relationship Marketing, and Why Is It Crucial to Businesses Today? xxiii
PART ONE RELATIONSHIP MARKETING BASICS 1
Chapter 1 How to Get Started in Relationship Marketing and Overcome Your (Perfectly Normal) Fears 3
Chapter 2 The New Business Skills Everyone Needs 19
Chapter 3 How to Stay Connected, Yet Protect Your Time and Privacy 37
PART TWO NINE STEPS TO SIGNIFICANTLY GROWING YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH RELATIONSHIP MARKETING 51
Chapter 4 Step 1: Create a Solid Foundation With the Right Culture 53
Chapter 5 Step 2: Review Your Relationships and Chart Your Five Contact Circles 63
Chapter 6 Step 3: Assess and Improve Your Online Presence 85
Chapter 7 Step 4: Build Your Network and Become a Center of Influence 111
Chapter 8 Step 5: Become an Authority Through Quality Content 135
Chapter 9 Step 6: Turn Fans, Friends, and Followers Into Paying Customers 145
Chapter 10 Step 7: Go Offline to Optimize Your Online Marketing 157
Chapter 11 Step 8: Protect Yourself From the Dark Side of the New Web 173
Chapter 12 Step 9: Implement Advanced Relationship Marketing Techniques and Become a Top Industry Leader 183
Conclusion How to Adapt as Technology Changes: The Future of Relationship Marketing 195
Posted March 12, 2012
I am a young marketing professional working on creating and developing my personal brand Capacity and Desire. The New Relationship Marketing is a fantastic read. It's a Marketing, Social Media, and Human Relationship book all in one. If you really want to engage and change the world, this is the book to guide you. Definitely read it.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted November 18, 2013
Posted July 31, 2013
No text was provided for this review.