Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
About the Editors.
Introduction: The New World of Work: Ronald J. Burke (YorkUniversity, Canada) and Cary L. Cooper (University of ManchesterInstitute of Science and Technology).
Part I: The Changing Work Environment:.
1. Organizational Transitions: Ronald J. Burke (York University,Canada).
2. Privatization and Outsourcing: Rita Campos e Cunha(Universidade Nova de Lisboa).
Part II: Changing Career Landscapes:.
3. Developmental Relationships at Work: A Learning Perspective:Douglas T. Hall (Boston University) and William A. Khan (BostonUniversity).
4. Second Careers and Multiple Careers: Daniel C. Fieldman(University of South Carolina).
5. The Impact of Family Life on Career Decisions and Outcomes:Romila Singh (Drexel University), Jeffrey H. Greenhaus (DrexelUniversity) and Saroj Parasuraman (Drexel University).
Part III: Changes to Jobs And Work:.
6. Contingent Work Contracts: Practice and Theory: Daniel G.Gallagher (James Madison University).
7. Reduced-Load Work Arrangements: The Changing Nature ofProfessional and Managerial Work: Mary Dean Lee (McGillUniversity), Pierre-Guy Hourquet, and Shelley M. MacDermid (PurdueUniversity).
8. Teleworking: A Primer for the Millennium Introduction: LindaDuxbury (Carleton University) and Christopher Higgins (Universityof Western Ontario).
Part IV: Changing Organizational Forms:.
9. The Virtual Organization: Wayne F. Cascio (University ofDenver at Colorado).
10. Designing Change-Capable Organizations: Edward E. Lawler III(University of Southern California).
Part V: Comany Initiatives to Improve New WorkingArrangements:.
11. Formal Mentoring: The Promise and the Precipice: Terri A.Scandura (University of Miami) and Ethlyn A. Williams (Universityof South Florida).
12. Self-Assessment Models and Quality/Excellence Awards: B. G.Dale (University of Manchester Institute of Science andTechnology).
13. Best Practices for Advancing Women in BusinessOrganizations: Mary C. Mattis (Catalyst, New York).
14. Towards a Culture for Work–Life Integration?: SuzanLewis (Manchester Metropolitan University) and Jackie Dyer.