1. Non-Governmental Organizations: Pawns or Practitioners.
2. The Ties that Bind: Northern NGOs' Relationships with Southern NGOs.
3. Analysing Institutional Interdependence: A Conceptual Framework.
4. Paying the Piper and Calling the Tune: Northern NGOs' Capacity Building Support for Southern NGOs.
5. Cascading Conditionalities and the Role of International Organizations in Capacity Building.
6. Sierra Leone and The Gambia: Case Studies of NGO Interdependence.
7. Sustainable Idealism: Innovative Financing Strategies and NGOs' Contribution to Civil Society Development.
8. Conclusions: 'Just Say No': Strengthening Southern NGOs' Capacity to Contribute to Civil Society.