This accessible book provides a concise introduction to the way in which non-governmental organizations (NGOs) work.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.28(d)
Table of Contents
1. Non-Governmental Organizations: Pawns or Practitioners.
2. The Ties that Bind: Northern NGOs' Relationships with Southern NGOs.
3. Analysing Institutional Interdependence: A Conceptual Framework.
4. Paying the Piper and Calling the Tune: Northern NGOs' Capacity Building Support for Southern NGOs.
5. Cascading Conditionalities and the Role of International Organizations in Capacity Building.
6. Sierra Leone and The Gambia: Case Studies of NGO Interdependence.
7. Sustainable Idealism: Innovative Financing Strategies and NGOs' Contribution to Civil Society Development.
8. Conclusions: 'Just Say No': Strengthening Southern NGOs' Capacity to Contribute to Civil Society.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >