Read an Excerpt
A concordance is the first thing to reach for when you want to explore the Bible in-depth. Organized alphabetically, it's a word-by-word index of the specific Bible translation you're using. When you can't find a Scripture passage or verse you're looking for, turn to your concordance. It's absolutely essential for doing word studies, and great for topical studies as well.
The NIV Compact Concordance was designed with practicality in mind. This streamlined adaptation of the Gold Medallion Award-winning NIV Exhaustive Concordance screens out references and entries that are less useful in Bible study. The result is a study tool that is both portable and extremely helpful.
The NIV Compact Concordance features
* More than 50,000 references with contexts.
* More than 2,000 exhaustive entries.
* More than 100 frequently occurring phrases, such as "Thus says the Lord" and "Son of Man," with thousands of references.
* Special entries with descriptive phrases for more than 300 Bible characters.
* Important persons with the same name are distinguished from each other.
* More than 100 important King James Version words are cross-referenced to their New International Version equivalent(s).
Author Biography: John R. Kohlenberger III is the author or coeditor of more than three dozen biblical reference books and study Bibles, including The Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament, NRSV Concordance Unabridged, Greek-English Concordance to the New Testament, Hebrew-English Concordance to the Old Testament, and the award-winning NIV Exhaustive Concordance and NIV Bible Commentary. He has taught atMultnomah Bible College and Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon.