No Woman Diets Alone - There's Always a Man Behind Her Eating a Doughnutby Kristen Houghton
NO WOMAN DIETS ALONE - THERE'S ALWAYS A MAN BEHIND HER EATING A DOUGHNUT is a hilarious collection of short essays about the misadventures of marriage in which author Kristen Houghton proves that staying married is indeed some sort of cosmic miracle. Nothing is off-limits as she
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Marriage,” said Bill Cosby, “is the one miracle the Vatican has yet to acknowledge.”
NO WOMAN DIETS ALONE - THERE'S ALWAYS A MAN BEHIND HER EATING A DOUGHNUT is a hilarious collection of short essays about the misadventures of marriage in which author Kristen Houghton proves that staying married is indeed some sort of cosmic miracle. Nothing is off-limits as she tackles everything from:
• dieting: (“I live with a husband I call "The Thin Man" who is the same weight he was in college, believes food is something I should enjoy not avoid, and is firmly convinced that a hot fudge death-by-chocolate sundae at Ice Cream Charlie's solves all life’s problems.”)
• the battle of gender legalese: ("Said property to be owned by Alan Hopper and… Kristen, his wife? That’s like saying …and Lassie, his dog!" )
• surviving her husband’s rotating (“I’m switching the handsets on the phones so they get equal wear, what's wrong with that?”)
• following certain medical health advice: ("My doctor told me that not wearing panties was healthy for the vagina. Stop thinking with your libido; I’m trying to stay healthy here!”)
• discovering your husband's great-grandmother's successful business was a" house of pleasure"
• why there is no “J” in the word vagina
• how true maleness is defined by pussycats
• dealing with a deaf marriage counselor
• the real relationship between sex and baseball
• how the word Spanx affects certain people
• the joy of incompetence
• how to plan a “simple” vacation, and much more.
There’s even a fable about a totally mismatched ancient couple: a god named Getridofthese (he likes to "get rid of" household junk) who is married to the goddess Imightneedthis (Get rid of that? Oh, no, "I might need this", someday)! NO WOMAN DIETS ALONE - THERE'S ALWAYS A MAN BEHIND HER EATING A DOUGHNUT has all the ingredients needed to help you along on the fearless adventure we call marriage. Laughter is both medicine and glue for couples - it can help to cure many relationship ills while holding it firmly together.
With relationship quotes from the famous, (Bill Cosby, Katharine Hepburn, Clint Eastwood, G.K. Chesterton and Oscar Wilde who all had their say about the marital state), to the unknown Victorian bride who wrote her cousin asking for prayers before embarking on “this fearless adventure” leading the way, the essays in this book are fresh and charmingly funny.
It is a book of pure delight from Huffington Post writer and humorist Kristen Houghton and one that critics call “A brilliantly funny, irreverent romp through marital misadventures told completely tongue-in-cheek by one of the newest and best writers today. NO WOMAN DIETS ALONE - THERE'S ALWAYS A MAN BEHIND HER EATING A DOUGHNUT is a wonderful gem of a book. Houghton takes relationships to a whole new level of hilarity!"
- Wordsmith Literary Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 222 KB
Meet the Author
Books by Kristen Houghton include the top-selling release “AND THEN I'LL BE HAPPY!” which is available on Nook and in print versions. Her book of short horror tales, STOLEN PROPERTY, is being edited for a summer 2012 publication.
Besides writing for the Huffington Post, Kristen Houghton’s work appears in More Magazine, the San Francisco Examiner, TwoDayMag.com, Family, Bella, and other print and online magazines. She is the former head fiction writer and senior editor of Mused Literary Magazine.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >