- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
One of the most renowned thinkers and insightful writers on leadership of our time, Harlan Cleveland has seen numerous trends come and go and weathered many drastic changes in leadership and management-from the rise of the "company man" to the advent of the leaderless, self-managed organization. In this collection of essays-the newest addition to the Warren Bennis Signature Series—he draws on his vast experience to apply his thoughts to leadership. In each essay, Cleveland focuses on an intriguing insight about leadership-illustrated by stories from his own experience —offering thoughtful perspective on what 21st century leaders will face in the new knowledge environment.
Foreword: The Man on the Flying Trapeze (Warren Bennis).
How I Got Here.
Part One: The Macrotransition We Are In.
1. The Get-It-All-Together Profession.
2. Coming Soon: The Nobody-in-Charge Society.
3. The Spread of Knowledge.
4. The Age of People-Power.
5. Dinosaurs and Personal Freedom.
6. "Safe for Diversity".
7. The Social Fallout of Science.
8. Intuition and Chaos in the Real World.
Part Two: On Being a Leader.
9. The Leader as Futurist.
10. The Dean's Dilemma: Leadership of Equals.
11. A Style for Complexity.
12. "The Very Definition of Integrity".
13. The Situation-as-a-Whole Person.
14. Education for Citizen Leadership.
Afterword: Aphorisms from Experience.
Afterword: The Whole Chessboard.