Noninvasive Electrocardiology in Clinical Practice / Edition 1by Wojciech Zareba, Pierre Masison-Blanche, Emanuela H. Locati
Pub. Date: 04/28/2001
Computerized ECG exams are currently flourishing, and further development of these inexpensive and noninvasive diagnostic tools is expected in upcoming years. Because there is so much clinically relevant and useful information that can be obtained using modern electrocardiology, the editors strongly believe that a book summarizing current state-of-the-art methods
Computerized ECG exams are currently flourishing, and further development of these inexpensive and noninvasive diagnostic tools is expected in upcoming years. Because there is so much clinically relevant and useful information that can be obtained using modern electrocardiology, the editors strongly believe that a book summarizing current state-of-the-art methods of noninvasive electrocardiology will assist physicians in optimizing their clinical practice. Accordingly, the contributors comprise an international "who's who" in noninvasive electrocardiography.
The object of noninvasive electrophysiology is to reconcile comprehensive invasive electrophysiology with conventional surface electrocardiography, by extracting from the latter more extensive and dynamic information. Numerous facets of these new orientations are presented in this book, which is organized in two main sections. Part one describes noninvasive ECG tests, their methodology, and applications. Part two focuses on specific clinical conditions and diseases, and allows the reader to learn when it is worth using specific tests and when they are not of much benefit.
Clinical cardiologists and electrophysiologists at all levels will benefit from this well-written, informative update.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
Wojciech Zareba, Pierre Maison-Blanche, Emanuela H. Locati.
Part I: Modern Methods of Noninvasive ECG Testing.
1. Holter and Event Recordings for Arrhythmia Detection.
Johan E.P. Waktare, A. John Camm.
2. Signal Averaging of the P Wave.
Sharmila Dorbala, Jonathan S. Steinberg.
3. QRS Averaging.
Gioia Turitto, Alberico Sorgato, Mazen Alakhras, Nabil El-Sherif.
4. QT Interval Duration and Adaptation to Heart Rate.
Emanuela H. Locati.
5. Dispersion of Repolarization: Concept, Methodology, and Clinical Experience.
Wojciech Zareba, Atsunobu Nomura, Juha Perkiömäki.
6. T Wave Alternans and T Wave Variability: Noninvasive Indices of Vulnerability to Ventricular Tachycardias.
Wojciech Zareba, Jean-Phillippe Couderc, Laura Burattini.
7. Time Domain Heart Rate Variability.
Azad Ghuran, Marek Malik.
8. Frequency Domain Analysis of Heart Rate Variability.
9. Baroreflex Sensitivity.
Maria Teresa La Rovere, Roberto Maestri, Andrea Mortara.
10. Heart Rate Turbulence.
Georg Schmidt, Marek Malik.
11. Tilt-Table Testing.
Jean-Jacques Blanc, Jacques Mansourati.
12. ST Segment Analysis in Exercise Stress Testing.
13. ST Segment Analysis in Ambulatory ECG (Holter) Monitoring: Clinical Significance and Analytical Techniques.
Part 2: Clinical Use of Noninvasive ECG Testing in Management of Patients.
14. Noninvasive ECG Testing in Management of Patients with Atrial Arrhythmias.
15. Noninvasive ECG Testing in Management of Patients with.
Vinzenz Hombach, Birgit Scharf, Mathias Kochs, Hans-Heinrich Osterhues.
16. Noninvasive ECG Testing in Management of Patients with Syncopal Episodes.
Franco Giada, Antonio Raviele.
17. Noninvasive ECG Testing for Risk Stratification of Patients with Recent Myocardial Infarction.
Thomas Klingenheben, Stefan H. Hohnloser.
18. Noninvasive ECG Testing in Patients with Chronic Coronary Artery Disease.
Arthur J. Moss.
19. Noninvasive ECG Testing in Patients with Dilated Cardiomyopathy.
20. Noninvasive ECG Testing in Management of Patients with Hypertension.
José Luis Palma-Gámiz, Antonio Hernández-Madrid, Ana Garciá de Castro, José M. González Rebollo.
21. Clinical Use of Holter Monitoring in Patients with Implanted Pacemakers.
22. Implanted Defibrillators.
Sven Reed, Christoph J. Geller, Helmut U. Klein.
23. Pediatric Patients.
Seshadri Balaji, J. Philip Saul.
24. Evaluating Proarrhythmia.
Marco Stramba-Badiale, Livia Diehl.
25. Future of Noninvasive Electrocardiology.
Antoni Bayés de Luna, Shlomo Stern.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >