North American Wildlifeby David Jones
Complementing the compelling writing
Nature writing and photography at their most exciting. North America's wildlife have endured the challenges put to them -- human encroachment, changing climates, and increased pollution -- with new trials forcing them to adapt as best they can. Their struggles and remarkable strategies are chronicled in North American Wildlife.
Complementing the compelling writing of David Jones are 400 of the most intriguing in-the-wild moments of wildlife ever captured:
• A grizzly digging for razor clams on the shores of the Pacific
• Wolves nursing their pups high in the Rocky Mountains
• A Florida panther resting in the sun
• Cougars and bobcats hunting
• Rabbits, hares, raccoons, and pikas foraging for food
• Stellar sea lions sunbathing off the Baja peninsula
• Humpback whales feeding near Alaska's coastal fjords
The expansive parklands of North America provide a stunning backdrop for this dramatic close-up look at life in the wild.
- Whitecap Books, Limited
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.88(w) x 11.70(h) x 0.89(d)
Meet the Author
David Jones studied biology at the University of British Columbia and has written for Photo Life and The Knowledge Network. He lives in Vancouver.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews