Northern Ireland: The Politics of War and Peace / Edition 2by Paul Dixon
Pub. Date: 10/14/2008
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Clearly and accessibly written and based on original research, Paul Dixon's book provides a lively introduction to the nature and politics of the Northern Ireland conflict and of successive attempts to resolve it. The comprehensively revised second edition has been updated to take account of new information throughout and an entirely new chapter has been added on implementing the Good Friday Agreement.
- Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.40(w) x 8.40(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
• The Approach and Argument
• The Inevitability of Irish Unity?
• The Civil Rights Movement
• The Crisis of British Policy Over Northern Ireland 1968-73
• The First Peace Process 1972-74
• The Limits of British Policy 1974-81
• The Anglo-Irish Agreement
• Endgame?: The Origins of the Second Peace Process 1988-94
• Bridging the Gap?: The Second Peace Process 1994-1998
• Implementing the Good Friday Agreement: Endgame or Stalemate?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >