Nurse Anesthesia / Edition 4by John J. Nagelhout, Karen Plaus
Pub. Date: 02/11/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Written specifically for nurse anesthetists, Nurse Anesthesia, 5th Edition provides comprehensive coverage of both scientific principles and evidence-based practice. It offers a complete overview of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathophysiology, and offers practical coverage of equipment and anesthesia management. This edition includes updated/b>… See more details below
Written specifically for nurse anesthetists, Nurse Anesthesia, 5th Edition provides comprehensive coverage of both scientific principles and evidence-based practice. It offers a complete overview of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathophysiology, and offers practical coverage of equipment and anesthesia management. This edition includes updated information on pharmacokinetics, clinical monitoring, drug delivery systems, and complications, and revises chapters on airway management and anesthesia for cardiac surgery. Written by leading nurse anesthesia experts John Nagelhout and Karen Plaus, this perennial bestseller prepares anesthesia students and CRNAs for today's clinical anesthesia practice.
• Over 650 figures of anatomy, nurse anesthesia procedures, and equipment depict complex concepts and information.
• An easy-to-use organization covers basic principles first, and builds on those with individual chapters for each surgical specialty.
• UPDATED references make it quick and simple to find the latest and most important research in the field.
• Over 700 tables and boxes highlight the most essential information in a quick, easy-to-reference format.
• Expert CRNA authors provide the current clinical information you’ll use in daily practice.
• UPDATED pharmacology information includes pharmacokinetics, drug delivery systems, opiate antagonists, and key induction drugs.
• Over 100 NEW photos and illustrations enhance your understanding of difficult anesthesia concepts.
• UPDATED Airway Management and Anesthesia for Cardiac Surgery chapters are thoroughly revised.
• NEW coverage includes robotics, screening applications, and non-operating room best practices.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 2.20(d)
Table of Contents
|1||Nurse anesthesia : a history of challenge||1|
|2||Specialty practice of nurse anesthesia||30|
|3||Nurse anesthesia research : science of an orderly, purposeful, and systematic nature||35|
|4||General principles, pharmacodynamics, and drug receptor concepts||52|
|6||Pharmacokinetics of inhalation anesthetics||75|
|8||Intravenous induction agents||102|
|10||Opioid agonists and antagonists||149|
|11||Neuromuscular blocking agents, reversal agents and their monitoring||162|
|13||Additional drugs of interest||222|
|14||Chemistry and physics||243|
|16||Clinical monitoring in anesthesia||308|
|17||Preoperative evaluation and preparation of the patient||332|
|18||Fluids, electrolytes, and blood component therapy||373|
|19||Positioning for anesthesia and surgery||390|
|21||Cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology||425|
|24||Respiratory anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology||511|
|25||Respiratory anatomy : thoracic surgery||574|
|26||Neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and neuroanesthesia||591|
|27||Renal anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology||632|
|28||Hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal disturbances||665|
|29||Anesthesia for laparoscopic surgery||705|
|30||Musculoskeletal system : anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology||714|
|31||The endocrine system||737|
|32||Hematology and anesthesia||783|
|33||Thermal injury and anesthesia||796|
|36||Anesthesia for ear, nose, throat, and maxillofacial surgery||858|
|37||Anesthesia for ophthalmic procedures||881|
|38||Anesthesia for orthopedics and podiatry||908|
|39||The immune system and anesthesia||926|
|40||Anesthesia and laser surgery||948|
|41||Obesity and anesthesia practice||962|
|46||Geriatrics and anesthesia practice||1133|
|49||Anesthesia for therapeutic and diagnostic procedures||1183|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >