Nursing Diagnosis Handbook - CD-ROM PDA Software Powered by Skyscape: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care / Edition 8by Betty J. Ackley, Gail B. Ladwig
Pub. Date: 12/04/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
An indispensable resource in the clinical setting, this convenient handheld software offers on-the-go access to all of the essential care planning information in the 8th edition of Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care. It puts essential guidance at your fingertips for every stage of the assessment and critical thinking process to help you build customized care plans for each patient’s unique condition, health history, symptoms, and mental state. Quick-reference software features include full-text search, annotation capabilities, and cross-linking between all Skyscape products.
- Offers guidelines to help you formulate a nursing diagnosis based on known information and relevant patient assessment findings.
- Contains an A-to-Z list of medical diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, clinical states, and symptoms to assist in identifying the appropriate nursing diagnosis for your patient.
- Provides the defining characteristics, risk, and related factors you need to confirm the diagnosis, determine desired outcomes, plan interventions with evidence-based rationales, and provide effective nursing care.
- FCovers both independent and collaborative nursing interventions.
- Includes pediatric, geriatric, and multicultural considerations as appropriate.
- Features the most up-to-date 2007-2008 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, including approximately 15 new, 20 revised, and 5 replacement diagnoses.
- Provides a more detailed explanation of NIC and NOC taxonomies and their use in care planning.
- Explanations of assessment versus action interventions help guide you to the correct choice of intervention.
- Covers important information on concept mapping.
- Patient/Family Teaching sections offer expanded wellness and health promotion information.
- Clustered wellness nursing diagnoses are quick and easy to locate.
- Includes the latest evidence-based nursing rationales.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.40(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of ContentsSection I: Nursing Process, Nursing Diagnosis, and Evidence-Based Nursing
Section II: Guide to Nursing Diagnoses
Section III: Guide to Planning Care
A. Nursing Diagnoses Arranged by Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
B. Nursing Diagnoses Arranged by Gordon’s Functional Health Patterns
C. Wellness-Oriented Diagnostic Categories
D. A Guide to Using the Equianalgesic Charts
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >