Nursing in Today's World: Challenges, Issues, and Trends / Edition 5by Janice Rider Ellis, Celia L. Hartley
The Seventh Edition of this text reflects the newest information, trends, and changes in the health care system. Twelve state-of-the-art chapters help nurses with complex workplace issues that include educational preparation, health care finance, legal responsibilities, and ethics/bioethics. New to this edition are chapter sections about evidence-based care, virtual… See more details below
The Seventh Edition of this text reflects the newest information, trends, and changes in the health care system. Twelve state-of-the-art chapters help nurses with complex workplace issues that include educational preparation, health care finance, legal responsibilities, and ethics/bioethics. New to this edition are chapter sections about evidence-based care, virtual university, the current status of multistate licensure/mutual recognition, reporting requirements, and online job search strategies. Also featured are an expanded discussion about alternative health care and a new, recurring feature related to nursing research. Content is supported with pedagogical tools and cartoons that enliven discussion.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- A more lively two-color design, more displays, use of icons to highlight features, more cartoons and more liberal use of headings to emphasize key content
- Each chapter offers Website addresses in the reference section at the end of each chapter. Assists students in locating relevant information on topics discussed in text.
- Recurring boxes feature relevant nursing research.
- Critical thinking exercises are embodied throughout the content of each chapter and not at the end, presenting them as a point of discussion.
- Content updates include: the role of consumer in health care, more content on alternative health care, evidence-based practice, virtual university, multi-state licensure, reporting requirements on abuse and neglect, ANA code of ethics, developing a study plan for NCLEX exam & online job searches.
- Nursing origins now covered in Chapter 4 rather than the very beginning of the text.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
|Unit I||Understanding the Development of Nursing as a Profession||1|
|1||Nursing as a Developing Profession||3|
|2||Educational Preparation for Nursing||48|
|3||Perspectives on Nursing Education||85|
|Unit II||Legal and Ethical Accountability for Practice||113|
|4||Credentials for Health Care Providers||115|
|5||Legal Responsibilities for Practice||151|
|6||Ethical Concerns in Nursing Practice||194|
|7||Bioethical Issues in Health Care||235|
|Unit III||Economic and Political Aspects of Health Care Delivery||281|
|8||The Health Care Delivery System||283|
|10||The Political Process and Health Care||341|
|Unit IV||Career Opportunities and Professional Growth||373|
|11||Beginning Your Career as a Nurse||375|
|12||Understanding Nursing Employment Settings||411|
|13||Organizations for and About Nursing||448|
|Appendix A. State Boards of Nursing||476|
|Appendix B. Nursing-Related Organizations||481|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >