Nursing in Today's World: Challenges, Issues, and Trends / Edition 6by Janice Rider Ellis, Celia L. Hartley
Pub. Date: 12/28/1997
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
The Seventh Edition of this text reflects the newest information, trends, and changes in the health care system. Twelve state-of-the-art chapters help nurses with complex workplace issues that include educational preparation, health care finance, legal responsibilities, and ethics/bioethics. New to this edition are chapter sections about evidence-based care, virtual university, the current status of multistate licensure/mutual recognition, reporting requirements, and online job search strategies. Also featured are an expanded discussion about alternative health care and a new, recurring feature related to nursing research. Content is supported with pedagogical tools and cartoons that enliven discussion.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- A more lively two-color design, more displays, use of icons to highlight features, more cartoons and more liberal use of headings to emphasize key content
- Each chapter offers Website addresses in the reference section at the end of each chapter. Assists students in locating relevant information on topics discussed in text.
- Recurring boxes feature relevant nursing research.
- Critical thinking exercises are embodied throughout the content of each chapter and not at the end, presenting them as a point of discussion.
- Content updates include: the role of consumer in health care, more content on alternative health care, evidence-based practice, virtual university, multi-state licensure, reporting requirements on abuse and neglect, ANA code of ethics, developing a study plan for NCLEX exam & online job searches.
- Nursing origins now covered in Chapter 4 rather than the very beginning of the text.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.38(w) x 9.17(h) x 0.97(d)
Table of Contents1. Understanding the Health Care Environment
2. Health Care Finance and Control
3. The Political Process and The Nursing Profession
4. Exploring Nursing's Origins
5. The Development of Nursing as a Profession
6. Educational Preparation for Nursing
7. Credentials for Health Care Providers
8. Legal Responsibilities for Practice
9. Ethical Concerns in Nursing Practice
10. Bioethical Issues in Health Care
11. Beginning Your Career as a Nurse
12. Preparing for Workplace Participation
Appendix A: Nursing Licensing Authorities (Boards of Nursing): United States and US Territories
Appendix B: Nursing Related Organizations
Appendix C: Commonly Used Acronyms
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >